Welcome to Summer at Cedar River!
Update 6/22/17: Online registration is now closed. To inquire about potential program availability, please call 425.271.9614. Thank you!
Summer Program Information
Early Childhood Summer Program
This program includes Montessori work time, a 20 minute daily swim lesson with a certified instructor, great indoor and outdoor activities, and crafts. Designed for students from age 4 through 6 (including students moving into 1st grade in the fall), this program supports academic, social, emotional, and physical development while taking full advantage of our wonderful campus in the summer months. Special projects in the afternoon for students entering 1st grade. Sign up for one week, a few, or all nine weeks! Non CRMS students must be 4 by June 30, 2017. Click on Summer 2017 Brochure (above) for more details.
Elementary Summer Program – Game Craft: Play Outside the Box!
For students entering 2nd-6th grades: Calling all creators, designers, and players! Dive into the world of games, and experience the process of game design from conception to fabrication to implementation. Your STEAM skills will be tested as you stretch your neurons and limber up your body. Geared for players of all abilities and interests, we will explore strategy and board games, puzzles and mazes, indoors and out!
You, the players, will practice transforming the rules and mechanics of existing games to learn to modify games or to design your very own prototype! Each week has a focus on a particular game mechanic. Pick one week or several weeks or all! Player projects can stand alone or build on prior work. Click on Summer 2017 Brochure (above) for more details.
Elementary Theme Weeks
Ages vary: Our Elementary Theme Weeks provide week-long immersion in activities as sewing, geocaching, and hiking. Click on Summer 2017 Brochure (above) for more details.
Early Childhood and Elementary Game Craft participants receive a daily swim lesson (20-30 minutes) in a small group by a certified instructor (conditions permitting). We use the Red Cross curriculum and provide parents with a record of progress at the end of the summer.
Fees – Summer 2017
- Registration Fee and Deposit: $40 paid at registration. Per Week Non-refundable Deposit: $50 per week paid at registration.
- Early Childhood Summer Program: $300/week for 1-5 weeks enrollment; $285/week for 6+ weeks enrollment. The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing.
- Elementary Summer Program: $300/week for 1-5 weeks enrollment; $285/week for 6+ weeks enrollment. The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing. Fees include costs for field trips (lunch money not included).
- Elementary Summer Theme Weeks:
- Explore, Geocaching, Survival, Hiking, and Gardening – $310/week
- Out and About – $310 + $59 City Pass
- Sewing, Photography – $320
- The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing.
- Extended Care: Drop-in is $4.00 per half-hour. You can also contract for morning hours, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. for $35 per week and/or afternoon hours, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. for $60 per week which includes after-care open swim (space-available basis, requires swim test and lifeguard permission). Contracts will be sent with registration confirmation.
- Exchanging weeks: If you register your child for a certain week and need to exchange it for another week, we are happy to accommodate changes wherever possible at no charge. Please see the business office to make these changes.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations made by close of business on June 7, 2017, will result in the forfeit of the non-refundable deposit only. Cancellations made after June 7, 2017 will result in the forfeit of the tuition for the cancelled weeks, even if they have not yet been billed.