CRMS is a classic Montessori environment that adheres to the American Montessori Society’s standards in terms of materials and instructional practice. Key elements of the Montessori environment are:
- Multi-year classrooms spanning three-years, allowing students to view their learning in context and practice leadership at each level.
- Open work time where students choose what to work on.
- Carefully researched, intentionally sequenced materials that scaffold learning and build on previous experiences.
- Individualized, differentiated instruction customized to each student’s needs.
- Comprehensive curriculum that meets and exceeds Common Core Academic Standards.