Welcome to Summer at Cedar River!
Be the first to hear about our Summer 2020 programs and registration – click below!
2019 Cedar River Summer Program Information
Our summer programs run daily 9-3:30 (extended care available from 7:30 – 9 AM and 3:30 – 6 PM) from June 24 – August 23, 2019. Our programs serve children aged 4-12, with counselor opportunities available for children aged 12-18.
Early Childhood Summer Program
This program includes Montessori work time, a 20 minute daily swim lesson with a certified instructor, great indoor and outdoor activities, and crafts. Designed for students from age 4 through 6 (including students moving into 1st grade in the fall), this program supports academic, social, emotional, and physical development while taking full advantage of our wonderful campus in the summer months. Special projects in the afternoon for students entering 1st grade. Sign up for one week, a few, or all nine weeks! Non-CRMS students must be 4 by June 30, 2019. Click on Summer 2019 Brochure (above) for more details.
Elementary Summer Program – Choose Your Own Adventure!
For students entering 2nd-6th grades: Experience a classic summer of adventure and discovery as we team up to learn about the world. From adventures on campus to exploring the hills, rivers, and ocean around us, we’ll ask big questions and search high and low for the answers. Join us on one adventure or all nine! Daily swim lessons included. Click on Summer 2019 Brochure (above) for more details.
Elementary Theme Weeks
Ages vary: Our Elementary Theme Weeks provide week-long immersion in activities as sewing, animal encounters, and hiking. Click on Summer 2019 Brochure (above) for more details.
Early Childhood and Elementary Choose Your Own Adventure participants receive a daily swim lesson (20-30 minutes) in a small group by a certified instructor (conditions permitting). We use the Red Cross curriculum and provide parents with a record of progress at the end of the summer.
Learn leadership skills, practice your service learning, and start building your resume! Teens can apply and interview to help out in all of our summer programs, including helping on the pool deck, in elementary, and in theme weeks. CITs will meet weekly with a staff mentor for goal setting and check-ins. Click on Summer 2019 Brochure (above) for more details. Counselor Program applications are now closed.
Fees and Registration Policies – Summer 2019
- Registration Fee and Deposit: $40 paid at registration. Per Week Non-refundable Deposit: $50 per week paid at registration.
- Early Childhood Summer Program: $325/week for 1-5 weeks enrollment; $310/week for 6+ weeks enrollment. The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing.
- Elementary Summer Program: $325/week for 1-5 weeks enrollment; $310/week for 6+ weeks enrollment. The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing. Fees include costs for field trips (lunch money not included).
- Elementary Summer Theme Weeks:
- Animals, Hiking, Outdoor Ed., Storytelling – $335/week
- Theatrical Arts (two weeks; registration in both weeks required) – $670/two weeks
- Out and About – $335 + $79 City Pass
- Sewing – $350
- The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing.
- Counselor Programs
- Counselor-In-Training – Ages 12-15 – $175/week
- Junior Counselor – Ages 16-18 – No Cost
- Extended Care: Drop-in is $0.25/minute. You can also contract for morning hours, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. for $40 per week and/or afternoon hours, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. for $65 per week which includes after-care open swim (space-available basis, requires swim test and lifeguard permission). Contracts will be sent with registration confirmation.
- Substitutions and Cancellation Policy: Requests to substitute weeks may be possible on a space-available basis and are free through May 31. After May 31, such requests must be made at least 7 calendar days before the program week begins and are subject to a $20/week administrative fee. Weekly tuition will be forfeit in full for the following situations, even if the week(s) have not yet been billed: Substitutions made fewer than 7 calendar days before the program week begins; Cancellation of week(s) made after May 31, 2019.
- Allergen notification: CRMS is a school with cats, rabbits, pasture animals, and gardens with pollinators. CRMS is not nut free. CRMS is able to accommodate students with mild to moderate allergies. We will work within our abilities to limit exposures. However, we cannot guarantee an environment free from peanuts, fish, dust, dander, or other allergens. Please contact us with any questions.