Welcome to Summer at Cedar River!
Update 3/16/18: The 2018 Summer Program is open now and filling quickly! Register today!
Are you looking for a week or program that is full? Join the waitlist here!
The following weeks are full – please join the wait list to hear about openings:
Full Elementary Make Your Mark! weeks – Wk 9: Fluid Dynamics
Full theme weeks:
Wk 3: Sew Awesome! Wk 4: Theatrics theme week; Wk 5: Geocaching theme week; Wk 7: Survival theme week;
Wk 8: Farm to Fork
2018 Summer Program Information
Early Childhood Summer Program
This program includes Montessori work time, a 20 minute daily swim lesson with a certified instructor, great indoor and outdoor activities, and crafts. Designed for students from age 4 through 6 (including students moving into 1st grade in the fall), this program supports academic, social, emotional, and physical development while taking full advantage of our wonderful campus in the summer months. Special projects in the afternoon for students entering 1st grade. Sign up for one week, a few, or all nine weeks! Non CRMS students must be 4 by June 30, 2018 Click on Summer 2018 Brochure (above) for more details.
Elementary Summer Program – Make Your Mark!
For students entering 2nd-6th grades: Join other eager engineers this summer at the CRMS Maker’s Lab! Students will experience an environment rich with opportunities to foster inquiry-based learning. A wide range of design challenges will be presented each week to capture student curiosity and creativity. By tackling these hands-on projects, students learn the design process and the scientific method as they work through the many obstacles that may arise. There will be opportunities for students to collaborate on the same project or learn from past designs. The environment is set up to inspire students to step outside their expertise and challenge themselves while learning something new. Click on Summer 2018 Brochure (above) for more details.
Elementary Theme Weeks
Ages vary: Our Elementary Theme Weeks provide week-long immersion in activities as sewing, geocaching, and hiking. Click on Summer 2018 Brochure (above) for more details.
Early Childhood and Elementary Game Craft participants receive a daily swim lesson (20-30 minutes) in a small group by a certified instructor (conditions permitting). We use the Red Cross curriculum and provide parents with a record of progress at the end of the summer.
Fees – Summer 2018
- Registration Fee and Deposit: $40 paid at registration. Per Week Non-refundable Deposit: $50 per week paid at registration.
- Early Childhood Summer Program: $315/week for 1-5 weeks enrollment; $300/week for 6+ weeks enrollment. The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing.
- Elementary Summer Program: $315/week for 1-5 weeks enrollment; $300/week for 6+ weeks enrollment. The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing. Fees include costs for field trips (lunch money not included).
- Elementary Summer Theme Weeks:
- Animals, Theatrics, Geocaching, Survival, Hiking, and Farm to Fork – $325/week
- Out and About – $325 + $69 City Pass
- Sewing – $335
- The non-refundable $50/week deposit will be applied to that week’s billing.
- Extended Care: Drop-in is $5.00 per half-hour. You can also contract for morning hours, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. for $35 per week and/or afternoon hours, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. for $60 per week which includes after-care open swim (space-available basis, requires swim test and lifeguard permission). Contracts will be sent with registration confirmation.
- Exchanging weeks: If you register your child for a certain week and need to exchange it for another week, we are happy to accommodate changes wherever possible at no charge. Please see the business office to make these changes.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations made by close of business on May 31, 2018 will result in the forfeit of the non-refundable deposit only. Cancellations made after May 31, 2018 will result in the forfeit of the tuition for the cancelled weeks, even if they have not yet been billed.