Our graduates from middle school are terrific examples of how Cedar River Montessori School is working towards our vision: Cedar River Montessori School is shaping the future by educating the next generation of connected, engaged, global thinkers who compassionately challenge the status quo. You can read more about alumni experiences here.
What kind of people are our graduates?
Cedar River Montessori School graduates are self-motivated lifelong learners who understand who they are, their strengths and weaknesses, and how to identify their passions and meet their goals. A CRMS graduate is someone who is prepared to thrive emotionally, socially and intellectually as they connect with the world around them.
How can you recognize a graduate of Cedar River Montessori School?
- They are comfortable in their own skin. CRMS graduates have grown up in a nurturing culture that encourages self-motivation, independent thinking, and the experience of taking on big challenges – all great preparation for whatever life has in store for them. This healthy self-acceptance lays the groundwork for honoring differences, and advocating for themselves and others. They are encouraged to be who they are and not compromise themselves to fit in.
- They are lifelong explorers. Empowered with the understanding of how to learn and think for themselves, they love (and never stop) learning. Gaining knowledge does not feel like a chore; rather, it is the natural, rewarding result of their own curiosity and questioning. They are not afraid of mistakes, but instead see failing as an integral part of learning, showing resiliency as they identify and utilize resources and continue forward.
- They are socially conscious and fun. They recognize the way their actions impact others, and their enthusiasm, civility, and respect for others is contagious. They will look you in the eye and shake your hand. Much of their education has been built on social skills like getting along with and learning from all kinds of people, collaborating to resolve conflicts, and approaching life with open minds and open hearts.
- They are intentionally ethical. Cedar River Montessori School graduates make mindful, value-based decisions. What values are nested into a Cedar River Montessori School education? Responsibility. Collaboration. Compassion. Integrity. Stewardship of their community, the environment, the world. Graduates understand the interconnectedness of the world and their place in it.
- They are ambassadors for Montessori education. Our graduates are happy to share their stories about their experiences and education at Cedar River Montessori School. They know how to express their identities and how to share their passions with the world, prepared to be the next generation of connected, engaged, global thinkers who compassionately challenge the status quo.